- Are you interested in learning more about the various uses of nuclear energy?
- Do you wonder why the nuclear reactor disasters in Chernobyl and Fukushima could even happen?
- Do you want to expand your knowledge about biological radiation research and the positive effects of radiation therapy?
- Are you eager to learn more about geothermal energy and sustainable energy solutions?
- Do you enjoy discussing interdisciplinary perspectives with international peers?
Come along with us and explore the highly scientific and social relevance of nuclear fission and its impacts, which continue to the present day. Forster Summer School 2022 is dedicated to the controversies surrounding the scientific achievement of nuclear fission, the (in)responsible handling of it, the worldwide effects of such high-risk technologies and possible future perspectives of use.
Your participation offers you the unique chance to discuss current scientific positions from the perspectives of the fields of Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Geography and Geosciences with experts in an interdisciplinary setting. The program will be held in English.
Let’s talk about global change.
Impressions of 23 international students and students from Mainz who spent 10 fulfilling, inspiring days at Faculty 09 as part of the Forster Summer School program. From July, 22nd to August, 1st the open-minded group explored the discovery of nuclear fission. Discovery, impacts and perspectives.
“I had an intense learning moment and I gained insights into the wide field of energy.” “I appreciated the interaction with the professors and the exchange of ideas with the international community.” “The multidisciplinary and varied program offers a good balance of scientific lectures and discussions, excursions to the region, cultural and social activities and a German language workshop.” “Forster Summer School inspires yourself in personal growing.”
Photos: S. Schellack
We are looking forward to your application in 2023.
Dr. Sandra Schellack
Tel+ 49 6131 39-28983